First Blog on the Blog


There has to be a first blog to start it all off with. I cringe at the thought of what I will think about this blog later on in the future. I have extensively googled other nurse bloggers in the hope of finding inspiration and guidance. Some top favorites were The Nerdy Nurse, The Gypsy Nurse, and Minding the Bedside

Times are changing and I now begin a new phase in life as a stay-at-home mom. Instead of organizing meds and showers, I will be organizing snacks and turns on the TV. Since I can't be at the hospital or at the Nursing Home anymore, this blog is my chance at combining my profession with my family life. 

I have three kids, a loving husband, a dog and a cat. I am a nurse of 22 years - recently specialized in Geriatrics. I love to sew and am now dabbling in gardening. 

My community is also very important to me. As my blog address clearly says, I am Mennonite. There are many kinds of Mennonites. Perhaps the first type that pops to your mind is the sort with head coverings, long dresses and overalls. That's not me (although I love reading novels about their communities). We are protestant evangelicals like the Baptists, Lutherans, Pentecostals, etc. What distinguishes our group is that we are pacifist - we believe in seeking peaceful resolutions to conflicts. 

My dream for this blog is to create an online community where people can go to for inspiration on health and family related topics. 

So, that's it. 

Enjoy!


Comments